The Olympus DS-5000 has been updated and is now the DS-7000. Click here to see the DS-7000! Note: Enhancements include:
•An improved, speech-optimized microphone featuring independent housing and variable recording modes
•A durable, precise slide switch (DS-7000) or ergonomic push button controls (DS-3500), putting intuitive functionality in the palm of your hand
•Enhanced security, with device password protection and real-time 128- or 256-bit file encryption
•A 2-inch color LCD (TFT) display
•Dual memory card slots, with support for SD and microSD up to 32 GB
•Full integration into professional digital workflows
•A longer-lasting, rechargeable Li-ion battery
- With the DS-7000 recording and editing is easier than ever! Offering the most comfortable slide switch in the industry to give you the perfect tool to easily manage and edit your files. Package includes all the high-tech tools needed to easily dictate, dock and automatically transfer files with full flexibility.
- Enhanced operability: Improved large color display with LED backlight to easily view information at a glance. New superior microphone for optimal dictation results, advanced programmable buttons to configure in ways that fit your workflow, and the most advanced security options to keep confidential data secure.
- High-quality audio: 5 star rating, dual memory support (SD and MicroSD), centralized navigation buttons for easy data input, and simple hand operation contribute to a vast amount of features that make the DS-7000 easy to set up, configure and use.
- New ODMS software allows users to play, edit and manage their dictations to improve efficiency and increase productivity. The software provides a robust set of tools for authors and typists as well as full integration with Dragon NaturallySpeaking software. ODMS software can be centrally managed to ensure that important dictations can always be accounted for and delivered to the right location every time..
- No matter how hard you work, you can rest assured that your equipment will provide long lasting comfort and superior automation all the way. This is the easiest, most reliable voice recorder designed to match your style of work.
- The Olympus DS-7000 is designed around the key aspects that benefit users the most with a large and clear color LCD screen, an easy to use four position slide switch, and centralized navigation controls for single hand operation. Outstanding audio clarity, long-lasting battery life, security options to protect confidential data and the highly ergonomic design ensures that dictating is intuitive, comfortable, and reliable.
- The durable USB docking station and USB connector ensures fast download of dictation files. The rechargeable batteries offer up to 21 hours of operation and record times of up 300 hours with its built -in storage. Operating system compatibility includes Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, and Apple OSX.
- Full flexibility to manage dictation files from multiple users or locations in one streamlined application. The software user interface is simple and intuitive, Keeping on track has never been easier, dictation files can be sorted by the author, work type, priority, and much more.
- Amazing - I work in ways I have never been able to work before. The DS-7000 is easy to use -- it feels like a micro cassette recorder but performs like an intelligent assistant.Leslee H. - Lawyer Houston TX
- Offers a full speed ahead approach to document creation, It gives us the power and versatility to do more than we thought possible.Sean M. -- Medical Office Director
Recorders.com Technical Staff Review:
The Olympus DS-7000 professional dictation recorder offersunparalleled cost-saving by automating processes that drastically slowprofessional offices down. It is designed for long term use and offersintuitive operation. From an IT standpoint, the software is fullycustomizable allowing your in-house team or the Reorders.com team toconfigure the application to match the desired workflow of eachorganization.
- The DS-7000 can be configured to fit any purpose. The long-lasting battery, multiple recording formats, support for up to 10 authors and 20 work types ensures that the DS-7000 is flexible as it is reliable.
- Security is a key concern for any organization. For this reason the DS-7000 have been designed with an optional 4 digit pin code lock and supports 256 bit real-time encryption to prevent unauthorized access to the device and dictation files.
- The DS-7000 is easy to set up, configure and use. It does not require users to change their style of work style and fits into any organization that wishes to truly reap the benefits of digital dictation.
- Olympus System R6 (ODMS R6) is a dictation system that supports assignments of various sizes, from individual users to multiple users. It can be used to capture audio data of highly compressed files with an Olympus recorder and allows for real-time playback, plus visual indicators for work types, priority marks and instructions.
- Enhanced compatibility with Nuance Dragon NaturallySpeaking. Supports automatic transcription files when paired with speech recognition software for third-party playback and correction.
- 5 star rated accuracy with its superb audio input capabilities. This major advancement adds a new layer of professional automation in its arsenal of high-tech document creation.
- The included software can be centrally managed to ensure that dictations can always be accounted for and are delivered to the right location every time. Administrator settings can be configured as a standalone system or as a workgroup.
- Supports MicroSD and SD media and DSS, DS2 file formats.